An introduction to the My Retina Tracker® Program
The Foundation Fighting Blindness®, in partnership with Blueprint Genetics and InformedDNA®, has launched a genetic testing program at no cost to the patient called the My Retina Tracker® Program. This program provides genetic testing and genetic counseling services for individuals living in the United States, with a clinical diagnosis of an inherited retinal disease (IRD). The eligibility criteria are listed below.
The program offers people with an IRD access to the highest quality genetic testing and genetic counseling. Although it is not required for participation, this program offers an easy opportunity to join the My Retina Tracker Registry. This gives eligible individuals the opportunity to contribute to research and development, and the opportunity of being contacted about relevant clinical trials.
To be eligible to participate in the program, you must:
- Be clinically diagnosed with one of the eligible inherited retinal degenerative diseases (To view a list of inherited retinal degenerative diseases, please click here)
- Live in the United States or a US territory
- Not have had any of the following types of genetic testing within the last 3 years:
- A test that examined more than 32 IRD-related genes
- A whole-exome genetic test
- A whole-genome genetic test
Please note: this test is not suitable for, and should not be used to, screen for eye diseases in general, it is only for use in identifying the causative gene for a confirmed clinical diagnosis of an IRD.